Terms and Conditions1 For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions the following definitions apply:
1.1 The Bank means any bank, building society, credit provider, person, firm or company that provided credit facilities to the Client, or imposed charges on the Client.
1.2 The Client means the client of the Company (and as appropriate 'I/We' and 'my/our' shall mean the client of the company)
1.3 The Company means UCA Services Limited (Company No. 06771459)
1.4 Claim means a claim for compensation made by the Company on behalf of the Client (and includes but is not limited to claims for miss-selling of payment protection insurance, claims for credit card charges and/or bank charges either through the Financial Ombudsman. Service or the legal process or otherwise)
2. The Company is hereby instructed to act as my/our representative in the settlement of my loan or PPI (which within this context Includes any generic provider of financial services).
3. I/We agree that no agency other than UCA Services Limited is currently acting for my/our in the settlement of my loan and or PPI and that UCA Services Ltd Is appointed as my/our sole representative in relation to this/these matter(s).
4. Information relating to my/our claim will be provided to UCA Services Ltd upon commencement of this instruction. UCA Services Ltd will advise Me/Us of any further information required to pursue my/our claim and I/We will provide this information as soon as possible.
5. Upon receipt of this Information from me/us and (where relevant), any additional information requested from the Bank, UCA Services Ltd. may calculate the amount owed to Me/Us by the Bank in respect of the settlement of my loan and or PPI (plus interest here due).
6. Should any direct communication regarding this mailer including letters, telephone calls, or in personal conversations with the Bank's staff members) be entered into with the Bank, I we/will report this to UCA Services Limited, within 3 days from receipt and forward all relevant documentation directly to UCA Services Limited.
7. UCA Services will submit all necessary correspondence to the Bank and negotiate for the recovery of my/our Claim. I/We shall not enter into any pre-settlement negotiations with the Bank unless strictly agreed in writing) in advance with the Company.
8. Where requested I/We shall pay the appropriate £10 fee to access my/our file (Data, Subject, Access Request) and/or the appropriate £1 fee for the Section 77/78 Request under the Consumer Credit Act for further information regarding my/our account.
9. I/We acknowledge that If I/We provide any Information to the Company which Is untrue or misleading or fail to co-operate or cancel this agreement (after the 14day cooling of period) that I/We will be liable for all fees (and any disbursements, including any solicitor's costs and court fees) which will become payable within 14 days or receipt by Me/Us of the Company's Invoice. Work already completed by the Company may become chargeable at a reasonable rate (estimated £95 inclusive of VAT per hour)
10. Upon settlement of the Clients Claim the Company shall charge the Client a fee of 33% plus VAT on all amounts recovered by the Client from the Client's Claim. The Company's fees apply to the total value of all benefits, monetary or otherwise saved or recovered by the Client
10.1 We charge 33% plus VAT, the current rate of VAT is 20.0% therefore our total fees equates to
39.6% of any compensation amount awarded. For example, if the compensation of £1,000
is awarded, our fees would be £330 plus £66.00 VAT totalling £396.00 You would receive £604.00. Compensation includes reduction of an existing debt; or other form of redress.
For further explanation on the types of compensation you can receive, please refer to our fee structure.
In the event payment is made directly to you, if you fail to pay our invoice, we will take the necessary steps to recover all fees due to us under the terms of this agreement. In addition to the unpaid charges, you will pay The Company a recovery fee of £100.00 plus VAT at the prevailing rate. In addition, you will, at all times, keep The company indemnified against all costs and expenses including but not limited to court fees, interest and administration fees of recovering those fees from you.
10.2 You are responsible for the immediate payment of our fees. These fees must be paid from the amount you are rewarded. (a) If your loan has been paid off in full You will receive your award in the form of a cheque for the full amount on the premiums paid, together with all interest that has been incurred, plus interest at 8% on the money recovered. This could equate to around 30% of the amount borrowed. You could requested that any settlement payment be made directly to us. If the third party complies to this instruction, our agreed fees will be deducted from the settlement amount prior to sending you your compensation. This will be sent to you in the form of a 'The Company Client Account Cheque'. However, in many cases, the Third party may disregard your instruction to send settlement monies to us and send the cheque directly to you. In the even this happens, you must contact us immediately upon receipt of the cheque. Once we have been made aware that you have received your settlement (either via notification from you or the Third Party), we will forward you and invoice for immediate payment (b) If your loan is still in force (e.g you are still paying the loan) your settlement may come in 2 parts. (Part 1) You will be refunded all of the premiums you have paid into your policy to day, along with the interest that you have incurred and further interest of 8% on this amount. (Part 2) In addition, the Premiums you will pay during the remainder of your loan will be removed from your loan and your monthly repayments therefore reduced as a result of this, this saving you a substantial amount of money per month. Again, the total amount recovered could amount to around 30% of your loan. If this is the settlement that you receive, our fees will be calculated from a combination of the amount recovered in a cash sum and the amount we have reduced your loan by. We expect our fees to be paid out of the lump sum.
11. The Company's standard fee of 33% plus VAT Is payable on any other amounts recovered by the Company for the Client.
12. The Client agrees that all monies recovered from the Bank shall be paid directly to the Company. The Company is hereby authorised by the Client to deduct from the amount recovered from the Bank the Company's fees (Plus any other monies that the Company may have paid out on the Client's behalf) prior to forwarding the balance onto the Client. The Company shall provide the Client with a receipted statement upon settlement to identify the amounts paid to the Company.
13. If the Bank pays any settlement monies directly to the Client and/or if they reduce any of the client's debit balances by the settlement then the Client will become liable to pay the Company's fee (and any other monies paid out on the clients behalf) directly to the Company. Further the Client agrees to notify the Company of any settlement received directly from the Bank within 2 working days of receipt whereupon the Company will Issue the Client with an Invoice for Its services which becomes payable within 7 days.
14. The Client agrees that the Company can deduct its fees for the Claim from the Client's Credit/Debit card upon completion of the Claim.
15. At its discretion, the Company may charge interest on any unpaid fees at the rate of 5% per annum over the base-lending rate of HSBC Bank Plc from time to time.
16. The Client agrees not to accept any settlement that is sent directly to the Client by the Bank without the Company's prior written consent.
17. The agreement may be terminated in the following circumstances
17.1 If in the company’s opinion the likely amount recoverable is deemed not sufficiently commercially viable.
17.2The client may terminate instructions at any time by written notice to the Company. Cancellation within 14 days of the signing of the terms and conditions will result in zero charge. (recommended that any notices sent tothe Company are by recorded delivery)
17.3 Any termination by the client after the 14 day period will result in the client being liable for the Company's costs which shall be determined by the amount of work undertaken and maybe equal to the sum payable should the Client's claim have been settled in full.
18. The Client acknowledges that the Company shall not disclose any of the Client's personal information save as expressly allowed in these Terms and Conditions.
19.1 The Company agrees to comply with any written Data Subject, Access Request under the DPA made by the Client for the personal data that the Company holds subject to any exemptions that may apply from time to time. The Company charges an administration fee of £10 (or any other fee prevailing from time to time) for this information. The current fee is displayed on the Company's website.
19.2 The Company further agrees to correct any inaccuracies in the Clients personal data held at the request of the Client
19.4 The client acknowledges and agrees that its personal data may be submitted to a credit reference agency and processed on behalf of the Company in connection with these services
20. This agreement is governed by the English Law and under the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales
21. These terms and conditions apply to any of the Company's products or services for which the Client has instructed the Company to act on its behalf
22. The Client hereby permits the Company to offer the Client other advisory products and/or services to the Client at the Company's discretion
23. Any Claim submitted to the Company will be subject to these terms and Conditions
24. Please contact us and ask for a copy of our complaints procedure if you have a complaint.
The ClaimsTrack Service
1. Once the Company has received the Claim Pack, it will assess the validity of the Claim. If the Claim Is considered to have (reasonable) prospects of success then the Company will lodge a complaint against the Bank for your Claim.
2. If the Bank fails to respond (usually within 8 weeks) then the Company shall either issue a Complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (and/or the FSA) or nominate on your behalf a firm of Solicitors from the Company's panel to proceed with your Claim against the Bank. If The Company nominates a firm of solicitors on your behalf to proceed with your Claim then the Company shall receive a Referral fee from the firm of Solicitors of up to 50% plus vat of the legal fees received by the firm of Solicitors. In non litigated cases the Company's fee charged to the client shall be void. In litigated cases The Company reserves the right to charge the Company's fee to client. Either option is dependant upon various factors including the value of the Claim and Identity of the Bank
3. When the Claim has been settled, an invoice will be raised against the Client and must be settled within 7 days of Issue. When the Company's Invoice has been paid Its authority will cease and there will be no further obligations
4. During the process of the Claim, Client's are requested to limit telephone calls unless necessary. Throughout the Claim process, Client's may receive communications directly from their Banks concerning their Claim (including goodwill settlements etc.) Client's must contact the Company within 2 working days of any such offers or communication. In order for the company ID help you obtain maximum compensation Client must notify the Company of any offers/gestures made by the Banks direct to the Client. If clients fall to advise of any such communications from their Banks, Client's may not only hamper their Claim's progress but may also become liable to pay the Company's fees and/any costs or disbursements paid out on their behalf.
5. For the avoidance of any doubt there are other ways a client can bring a Claim including e.g. Instruct Solicitors direct, contact Citizens advice Bureau, progress the Claim directly with the Financial Ombudsman Service. You may shop around.
Non Payment of Invoice
All invoices must be paid in full within 7 days. The cost of any calls and reminders may be added to any outstanding fees at the rate of £10 for each written reminder, £5 for each telephone call and £90 inclusive of VAT for any solicitors letter before action.